PayAway-IP Direct gives you:
• 24/7 access – from anywhere with Internet access.
• Accessibility – make sterling Bacs payments to any UK bank account, simply and securely.
• Browser-based technology – that is easy-to-use and can be used by many users at the same time. And as an online service, there are no software upgrades or data updates to manage.
• Experts on hand – who will manage the set-up, provide training and Helpdesk Support.
• Built-in validation checks – save time, reduce errors and ensure payments arrive on time with the bank account and sort code checker and bank holiday calendar.
• Help to control your cash flow – payment list facility for managing payments.
• A choice of templates – to prepare your payment instructions or import a file from your accounting software.
• Password and smartcard security – to digitally sign and secure your payment file so that it can be validated when received by Bacs.
• Automatic remittance advice sent to payees – cutting down on admin time.
• Audit assistance – provides up to 15 months of archived transactions and user activity.
• Customised user access – giving you greater control of your business information.
• Always up-to-date - with industry and regulatory changes including HMRC-RTI, industry and sort code updates.
• Three day payments cycle – Bacs payments offer same day debiting and crediting and works on a three day cycle. Read more about making payments by Bacs.
The PayAway-IP Direct system is protected by a password, smartcard and smartcard reader for each of your authorised users.
This lets you digitally sign and secure your payment files, so that they can be validated when they’re received by Bacs.
Making the transition to PayAway-IP Direct is easy. A Royal Bank of Scotland specialist will install your system and provide you with on-site training.
User guides and on-screen help are also provided. Should you need technical assistance, please call our Helpdesk any time between 9am-9pm, Monday – Friday (excl. bank and public holidays). Details of this will be provided during installation.
Most organisations use accounting systems to manage their payments. That’s why we’ve designed PayAway-IP Direct to accept files from most proprietary accounting systems, in most file formats. All we require to create the Bacs formatted payment files is a sample of data from your software, which we’ll then test and modify, as necessary.
Benefits of accounting software integration
- Save time by entering payment information into just one system
- Fewer errors and a reduction in costs
Upgrade to full integration with Workflow
Workflow is a bespoke service that improves your payment processes, through automation. Using Workflow can remove a number of manual activities and help integrate your accounting systems.
Our standard Workflow modules include
File polling - Automatic collection and validation of payment files
User notification - Email messaging notifying users when an action is required
Extended authorisation - Generate PIN based authorisation steps
Semi automated reports - Save them in a variety of formats
Please note: Workflow modules are subject to an additional tariff.
PayAway-IP Direct Sage 50 Module
The PayAway-IP Direct Sage 50 Module provides seamless integration of Sage 50 accounting package with the PayAway-IP Direct service. The module enable users to extract credit/debit items from their Sage software and create them as credit/debit transactions that can be sent straight to BACS using PayAway-IP Direct.
After the credit transactions have been successfully sent to BACS, PayAway-IP Direct will post the entries back to the Sage software and mark the invoices as "paid". After the debit transactions have been successfully sent to BACS, PayAway-IP Direct will post back the transactions to the Sage software as receipts. The posting of transactions back to the Sage software is done with one click which takes away the requirement of manual keying. The debit feature also has the ability to create the AUDDIS transactions which are required to set up the payer with Direct Debits.
PayAway-IP Direct Sage Payroll Module
The PayAway-IP Direct Sage Payroll Module provides seamless integration of the Sage Payroll accounting package with PayAway-IP Direct. This module allows users to extract payroll payments direct from Sage Payroll and creates them as credit transactions that can be sent straight to BACS using PayAway-IP Direct.
The benefit of these additional modules is that they remove the need to manually download files from the Sage accounting package, map a template, and upload the file into PayAway-IP Direct, thus saving time and reducing the risk of error.
Please note: The Sage 50 and Sage Payroll Modules are subject to an additional tariff.
What you need to operate PayAway-IP Direct
Minimum Pentium III® or equivalent
Minimum of 256MB of free hard disk space
Minimum of 512MB RAM
Standard CD-ROM reader operating at 2x speed or above
A serial or USB port (readers for PMCIA ports are available at additional cost)
Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10 and 11
Administrator privileges - required for Windows®
0800 210 0235
Text Relay 18001 0800 210 0235
Customers who will become part of Williams & Glyn when it launches should call 0345 300 0369
Or contact your Relationship Manager
Lines are Open
Mon to Fri 9am-5pm
(excl. public holidays)
Do all users require smartcards and readers for the PayAway-IP Direct service?
Only users who are submitting files to Bacs or downloading Bacs reports will require smartcards and readers, these users are known as ‘signing users’.
Can the software for the PayAway-IP Direct service be used overseas?
The PayAway-IP Direct service can be accessed securely from any location with internet access. All processes that do not require a smartcard can be performed via the internet using the correct URL, user name and password. Signing users submitting files to Bacs or downloading Bacs reports using smartcards will need to submit from designated PCs/laptops with the required smartcard reader configuration.
How will software updates be made to the PayAway-IP Direct service?
One of the benefits of PayAway-IP Direct means that all software updates will take place centrally on the hosted system with minimal or no impact to the end user.
How will training for the PayAway-IP Direct service be undertaken if I have multiple sites?
All training requirements will be discussed with you prior to installation. Training schedules and any associated extra costs will be provided to you in advance.
Will I receive training in the use of the service?
All customers will receive a visit from one of our engineers’ who will set up the service to meet your specific needs and provide full training.