• Faster Payments
• Cheque and Credit Clearing
There are two models for obtaining indirect access to these UK clearing schemes.
- Via Royal Bank of Scotland you can use a bank account to receive and originate payments. You can use the same range of money transmission and cash management services available to Royal Bank of Scotland’s business customers. These services are explained in the Royal Bank of Scotland business website.
- Alternatively, you can use a dedicated UK sort code sponsorship through our NatWest bank. Full details are available for the NatWest Indirect Access services.
Royal Bank of Scotland is pleased to be a subscriber to the industry ‘Code of conduct for Indirect Access to UK Payments Systems’, which sets out best practices for an indirect access provider sponsoring other PSPs into the UK payment systems.
For more information about the Code and information on options to access to the UK payment systems, please visit:
For more information on our indirect access services, please visit other sections of this site.
If you would like to explore how Royal Bank of Scotland could support you to make and receive payments using our indirect access services or would like more information on these, please contact Marta Berde at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will introduce you to the appropriate Business Relationship Team.
You may also write to Marta Berde at the address below:
Commercial & Private Banking
The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Royal Bank of Scotland is entered on the Financial Services Register and its Register number is 121882. The Financial Services Register can be accessed at www.fca.org.uk/register.
Eligibility for Indirect Access and Banking and Payment services
To become an indirect PSP supported by Royal Bank of Scotland, you will need to establish a banking relationship with us to support your use of our indirect access services. As with any new customer we must undertake various checks and where you wish to make and receive payments through us we have specific obligations to follow as a bank.
UK Clearing Systems and Associated Services
We can sponsor Indirect PSPs into the following UK payment systems:
- Bacs - Bulk payments (Direct Credit) and collections (Direct Debit)
- CHAPS – High value – same day payments
- Faster Payments – 24x7 near real time payments
- Cheque and Credit Clearing
Overview of Terms and Conditions and Charges
As an Indirect PSP we require both you and your clients to operate within the relevant scheme rules and procedures. Failure to do so may place in jeopardy access to the schemes and related services.