Today, the NatWest Group employs over 165 franchise specialists across the UK, meaning that you’ll get all the support you need locally, whatever your industry sector, and whatever your ambitions.
Franchising is part of the economy that’s still growing, and we’re proud of our commitment to the UK’s ambitious small businesses.
We have more than 30 years’ experience of helping business people achieve their potential. Setting up and running a new business on your own can be challenging, but with a franchise the benefits are numerous: the chance of success is increased, you have a proven business model, support from the franchisor and the goodwill that comes from an established business name.
Buying a franchise
Buying a franchise reduces the risk of starting a new business. You get the full support of a franchise Relationship Manager, the experience and expertise gained by the franchisor over the years, plus some financial benefits.
Our franchise team will support you every step of their way, from starting up to expanding your business. We’ll make sure you have the right business banking arrangements that are tailored to your needs.
Franchising your business
If you want to franchise your business, we can lay the groundwork that will hopefully lead to us supporting many of the successful franchises in your growing network. Although we don’t act as franchise consultants, we can give guidance on the steps you'll need to take to become a successful franchisor – and the pitfalls to avoid.
Find out more
Download a copy of our franchising brochure (PDF, 400kb)It includes information on our services and products and a useful franchising checklist.
Your Relationship Manager
- Whatever industry sector you're interested in, you won’t go it alone - your dedicated franchise Relationship Manager is there to help.
- Restaurants and fast food outlets; hairdressers and retailers; fitness and health facilities; estate and letting agencies: our franchise relationship managers are all specialists in their fields, and work with many different customers in the franchise industry.
- As well as having a good understanding of national economic trends and conditions, our sector experts are embedded in the local community, so they are also aware of the opportunities in your industry and your area: they’ll be able examine the viability of your business proposition.
- Your franchise Relationship Manager will help you with the day-to-day running of your account, as well as everything from obtaining new equipment or vehicles, to shop fitting costs and working capital. You'll be supported in terms of which accountants and solicitors to use, for example.
- And because they’re locally based, our franchise specialists are on-hand to give you the personal service you expect – when you expect it, and always directly by phone or email.
NatWest/British Franchise Association survey - the annual NatWest/BFA franchise survey monitors the performance, attitudes and opinions of the franchise sector and builds up a larger picture of the contribution of franchising to the British economy. Get your copy of the survey from the BFA on 01235 820 470 or visit the BFA website.
We work closely with the following organisations to develop our knowledge of the franchising sector. Our activities include sponsorships of events and awards, and regular participation in networking events and forums.
- The British Franchise Association (BFA) – the regulatory body for franchising in the UK.
- The Confederation of British Industry (CBI) - The UK's premier business lobbying organisation, providing a voice for employers at a national and international level.
- The Chartered Bankers Institute – the banking body for professional development.
- Encouraging Women into Franchising – the organisation that promotes franchising for business women.
Security may be required. Product fees may apply. Over 18s only.
Any property used as security, which may include your home, may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or other debt secured on it.