Switch your business to Royal Bank of Scotland
What if I'm trying to open my first business account?
To apply for our Business Current Account, you need to be aged 18 or over. Your business should also have an annual turnover of less than £2,000,000. Applications for credit are subject to approval and security may be required (which may involve a fee).
Our dedicated switcher team is here to make it easy for you, when it comes to moving your business account to Royal Bank of Scotland.
Security may be required. Product fees may apply. Over 18s only.
Any property used as security, which may include your home, may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or other debt secured on it.
Icon expand What we need you to do
Give us a call or pop in to one of our branches where we can help by going through our switcher option checklist with you.
This can help you decide if the Full Current Account Switch Service is your best option, or if a partial switch may be more suitable. A partial switch is where your old account would remain open, even after your new Royal Bank of Scotland account is opened.
When you call or visit, our staff can also help you with:
- Completing the relevant paperwork to start your switch
- Outlining the additional steps required to open a new business account
- Let you know the types of identification and proof of address you may need to provide
Icon expand What we do
Full Current Account Switch Service
Once you've succesfully opened a new Royal Bank of Scotland Business Current Account and completed the required switching forms, we can switch your account within seven working days.
- You pick your own switch date, so if everything is ready to go we'll transfer all existing Standing Orders and Direct Debits for that date.
- We'll send a switch request to your old bank to close the old account. And, if you'd like us to, we'll transfer any outstanding balance too.
- We'll provide updates on how your switch is progressing, so you are kept up-to-date. We'll also contact you, to let you know how to set up any new required bill payments.
- Under the Current Account Switch Guarantee, all payments accidentally paid in to the old account will be forwarded and redirected after completion of the switch.
If anything goes wrong with the switch that affects your old or new current accounts, we'll refund any interest (paid or lost) and charges incurred, as soon as we're told.
If you still want to keep your old bank account open, we'll make all the necessary arrangements to move your regular payments to your new Royal Bank of Scotland account, by setting up your existing Standing Orders and Direct Debits.
- Within 10 working days of approving your application, your new account will be up and running and we'll order you a cheque book, debit card and PIN (as applicable).
- We'll provide you with letters so you can arrange for any regular credits you receive, such as VAT payments, to be redirected automatically to your new Royal Bank of Scotland account.
- We'll liaise with your old bank to arrange for the transfer of any funds.
- We'll contact you to confirm that any funds have been transferred and that your Standing Orders and Direct Debits have been successfully transferred or set up
- Partial switching is not covered by the Current Account Switch Guarantee
Want to know more about the cost of our additional services, or what our business account charges are without free banking?
Our teams of trained Business Managers are here to help. From telling you more about our products & services, to helping identify extra support you may need.
Digital & Mobile Banking
With our Digital Banking service and mobile Business Banking app, you can manage your accounts how and when it suits you.
With Direct Banking, you can speak to a member of staff about your business account 24/7. Or, if you prefer you can select our self-service option.
Digital Banking is available to Royal Bank of Scotland account holders and our mobile app is available on selected smartphones to Royal Bank of Scotland customers already registed for Digital Banking with a UK mobile number beginning 07.
0345 300 3915
(Minicom: 0800 404 6160)
Lines are open:
9am - 7pm, Monday to Friday (exc. Bank Holidays)
9am - 2pm on Saturdays
Calls may be recorded.
Accounts in Scotland
0345 600 2230
(Minicom: 0800 404 6160)
Accounts in England & Wales
0345 307 0900
(Minicom: 0800 0681 289)
Lines are open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Calls may be recorded.