We’re always there, so you can speak to one of our friendly UK-based team or use our 24-hour automated service anytime.
It’s simple to set up and free to use and available to all Royal Bank of Scotland account holders aged 11 and older.
If you use Royal Bank of Scotland Digital banking, you're already registered for Telephone banking, and you can also sign up for our Business Alerts service to receive account updates by email or text.
Royal Bank of Scotland Telephone banking gives you:
• Control over your account – hear balances, mini-statements and recent transactions to help you keep track of all your business bank accounts.
• Fast bill payments – set up one-off or regular payments to suppliers or customers, and manage standing orders and Direct Debits.
• Free service – there are no monthly charges – you just pay for the call and any transaction charges.
• Immediate transfers between your accounts – move money between your instant access accounts.
• Quick account admin – order essentials such as cheque books, paying-in books, foreign currency, and certificates of interest, and update your email address and phone details.
• A UK-based team – if you need to talk to us, call anytime – we’re available 24 hours, 7 days a week. Not all payment transactions are available 24 hours a day.
• Employee access – give authorised employees information-only access to check account balances, request statements and stop cheques.
• All your RBS accounts in one place – you can use telephone banking to manage both your Royal Bank of Scotland business and personal accounts.
• Quick switching to Digital banking – once you have your PIN and password for Telephone banking, you’ll be able to activate Digital banking instantly. Just go to Digital banking and enter your details in the short form. You will be able to use the same PIN and password for Digital banking.
Here’s a quick guide to the Options for our telephone service.
• Press 1 for statements, balances, payments or everyday banking enquiries. Then:
• Press 1 for Balance & Account Transactions (then follow the prompts for available services)
• Press 2 for Transfers & Payments (then follow the prompts for available services)
• Press 3 to order a statement and cheque and pay-in books (then follow the prompts for available services)
• Press 4 for anything else
• Press 2 if you are a registered telephone or Digital banking customer and want to speak to a member of our team.
• Press 3 if you are not a registered telephone or Digital banking customer.
If you’re not already a Royal Bank of Scotland Telephone Banking customer, register today by calling 0800 88 11 77. Customers with hearing and speech impairments can contact us by Minicom on 0800 404 6161. Lines open 24/7. Calls may be recorded.
Accounts in Scotland
03457 222 345
0800 404 6160
Accounts in England & Wales
0345 301 0896
0800 0681 289
Lines open 24/7
Calls may be recorded.